Those with a move to Hawaii in their future will have the chance to soak up the rich customs and experience all the islands have to offer, without the obvious time constraints of a limited vacation. It’s nice to know there are many fun-filled activities to take advantage of in the area, all easily accomplished without breaking the wallet. In fact, there are multiple leisure opportunities to partake in that won’t cost one dime. Though living in Hawaii can be an expensive venture, the following activities prove that there are many free experiences that will entertain and amuse those living on a budget:
1. Visit Pearl Harbour and the Arizona Memorial, which honours the men who died on the USS Arizona on the first day Japan attacked the United States.
2. View the many surfing competitions on Oahu at the Banzai Pipeline, Waimea Bay or Sunset Beach.
3. For live entertainment, all are welcome to enjoy the Royal Hawaiian Band at Iolani Palace in Honolulu from noon to 1 p.m. on Fridays and Kapiolani Park on Sundays from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
4. Free ukulele, lei making and hula lessons are regularly scheduled at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Centre located in Waikiki.
5. Visit the Honolulu’s Hawaiian State Art Museum, a state-sponsored art museum featuring some of the finest art available from Hawaiian artists.
6. Enjoy watching the sail boat races on Fridays from Magic Island at Oahu’s Ala Moana Beach Park.
7. Wine tasting is free at Maui’s Tedeschi Vineyard. The winery is open seven days a week for your convenience.
8. Lahaina’s old Hale Pa’ Ahao prison on Maui dates back to the 1800’s. Built from coral, genuine artifacts can still be observed.
9. Be sure to drive eastern Maui’s lush Road to Hana, known for beautiful views, lush vegetation and cascading waterfalls.
10. Humpback whales can be observed swimming in Maui’s beaches, especially during February and March. Best viewing sites include Honoapilani Highway and Honolua Bay.
If you are contemplating a move to Hawaii, chose a location close to where you will be working, as commuting can prove expensive. Those relocating should also be aware that the cost of living can be significantly higher than that on the U.S. mainland and be willing to adjust their lifestyles if necessary. Housing will be cheaper further away from the major cities. Try to reduce moving costs by selecting only what is absolutely necessary to transport. Furnished dwellings are available. Determine the process to become a licensed driver in Hawaii and contact the Hawaiian embassy about advice on visas before making your move. Be aware that the decision to ship a vehicle will be costly.
Those planning to move to Hawaii will want to select a moving company that coordinates the move from start to finish. Hawaiian international movers can make the entire process run smoothly if you are moving to Hawaii from another country. Make a complete inventory of all of the items you will be moving and present it to the moving company. Then get quotes on prices and services for accurate estimates. For extra reassurance, ask to see the carrier’s licensing documentation and seek out reviews from previous customers.
Freight forwarding is available for the treasured personal items you will be bringing with you. All transport services involved work closely together to assure a united effort for the safe delivery of your goods. Many items are best packed in cartons or crates to prevent possible damage during the shipping process. Consider getting insurance to cover your items before they are shipped to the islands, as this will help you recoup any unforeseen damages. Then you can rest assured that you are in good hands as you set course for your new life in Hawaii’s tropical paradise.